"A GROWING mission"
Some of God's servants come together to grow fresh, healthy food to nourish communities and neighborhoods. We couldn’t do it without our volunteers who help prepare the soil, plant seeds, weed, harvest produce and more! If interested in helping with garden prep and maintenance, see our coordinator Fred Adams 717-838-6747
Many thanks to God for a great 'Growing Season' This wonderful harvest will go to The Caring Cupboard.
Local Missions & Mission Trip
Palmyra First has been doing an annual mission trip within the United States since 1993. The team has gone to various areas of the country from Maine to Mississippi.
This group helps provide home repair and construct homes for others who do not have stable or permanent incomes. Some examples of work projects are roof replacement, small room additions, painting, building porches or ramps, and grounds keeping.
In addition to the manual labor, you will also enjoy fellowship, grow spiritually and gain a personal understanding of mission.
Brush with Kindness
How does the program work?
- Habitat selects partner families based on income, need and willingness to partner.
- Habitat affiliates use volunteer labor and donated materials to keep costs low and take no profit for their services.
- A no-interest loan is made to the homeowner to cover the cost of the project. Payments are placed in a revolving fund to help A Brush with Kindness serve others in need.
- This program would not be possible without the generosity of Valspar, the cofounder and underwriter of the A Brush with Kindness program.
As Christians we are called to love our neighbors above ourselves; to feed, clothe and shelter the poor and needy.
Recognizing that poverty and homelessness are present in Palmyra, we have chosen as one of our six church goals to reach out into our community to accomplish these objectives.
It is our mission to offer a fresh start to a selected family by providing them housing and the practical social, financial, and emotiona
l support to assist them in acquiring the skills needed for successful living. This mission will be designed to engage a broad spectrum of our congregation in active and ongoing support for the family by sharing the love, compassion and hope of Jesus Chris in relevant, respectful and renewing ways.
Motto: 1 House, 1 Family, 1 Mission, serving 1 God
Get Connected … Join the Community team, Provide time/resource to home repair...
- Help with fundraising, Identify a family in need,
- Help with organizing people, projects, or resources,
- Help with delivering resources to families,
- Help family with life skills development,
- Help with getting the word out, Contact me I have a question or idea